Our 13×24 Mali Pro Djembe is a standard size instrument for most adult drummers, suitable for women or men who want an exceptional sounding, easy to play African-made djembe. Our Mali djembes are crafted by expert carvers using specialty hardwoods, finished with top-rate skin and rope, always with the 3-top ring tuning system. Shells are selected from Hare, Lenke, Dugura, and Acajou, healthy and well seasoned. At proper tension these 13×24 Mali djembes have a nice semi-dry sound quality, with easy tones and slaps and strong bass. These are among the elite complete djembes available anywhere in Mali. Along with a money back guarantee, here is what this Mali djembe features: * 12-13″ OSD wood, 24-25″ full height, 8.5-9″ OSD base, 18-20 lbs * Inventory includes Hare, Lenke, Dugura, and Acajou hardwoods, solid one piece construction, uniform thickness, imported direct * Wood seasoned and handcarved in Mali, West Africa, treated inside and out with lots of shea butter and coconut oil * Thick Mali goat skin, wet shaved and hydrated with a bit of shea butter * 5mm braided rasta drum rope for the 22-24 pairs of vertical ropes, first row of tuning started * 4mm mix rasta color drum rope for top loops and bottom loops, double hitch loop pattern on bottom ring * Bright cloth used to wrap bottom and top rings, including flesh hoop to prevent rust damage to skin * Extra tuning rope included, wrapped around neck for storage * All 1/4″ rings custom fitted very tight, keeps tension even * 3 top ring tuning systems locks in tension and makes tuning more efficient * Well shaped bearing edge, hand rounded for playing comfort and skin safety * Simple geometric deep carved designs cover bottom half of base * This djembe will fit our Professional Djembe Case – Protect your investment with the best djembe case available (World Percussion USA is the ONLY authorized seller of Africa Heartwood Project instruments on Amazon.)
- After import from Africa, each instrument is cleaned, inspected, tuned, and played individually to check sound and quality.
- Excellent sound quality from solid handcarved wood shell and natural West African goat skin.
- Warm, full bass sound, strong open tones, and clean, crisp, high slaps – right out of the box.
- Wood seasoned and handcarved in Mali, West Africa, treated inside and out with lots of shea butter and coconut oil
- Hand crafted in Africa by village cultural artisans supported by the non-profit Africa Heartwood Project .org.